Are you looking for teaching resources to help cover the Coronation of His Majesty King Charles III, which will take place on Saturday 6 May 2023 at Westminster Abbey in London. The ceremony will see His Majesty The King crowned alongside Her Majesty The Queen Consort and many schools will want to create lessons, topics and other activities around the coronation, either as a springboard to further work, or to learn about the ceremony in its own right.
We have found a number of resources online that point to teaching resources which can help you integrate the coronation into your lessons.
Below is a list of useful websites that contain teaching resources to help schools celebrate this important moment in history.
- Royal.uk – full details about the ceremony
- Royal Collection Trust – includes teachers notes, with PowerPoint presentations, activity sheets and links to Royal Collection images and artworks
- Historic Royal Palaces – resources for Primary, Secondary and SEND schools
- IF Ideas Foundation – Coronation Generation: Poster Design Challenge
- Eden Project Communities – ideas and resources for schools to get involved with the Coronation Big Lunch
- The British Coronation Project 2023 – a huge collection of resources for schools through 3 Coronation Projects suitable for KS1, KS2 and middle school pupils
- Coronation Toolkit – a range of templates and materials including bunting ideas, recipe cards and activity sheets
- Westminster Abbey – a collection of resources including videos, image bank and factsheets
If you want to find resources for other topics, you can browse all resources on our site here